OpenTrack API - Use OpenTrack as the Digital Twin of a Railway System
OpenTrack offers an application programming interface (API) to connect other applications with OpenTrack. The other application can send standardized commands to OpenTrack and gets defined status messages back from OpenTrack. Technically, SOAP-Messages are exchanged via HTTP (SOAP over HTTP).
Digital TwinGary McGuire - Head of Research and Development, Siemens Rail Automation UK:
“The use of simulation allows the creation of a ‘digital twin’ of the railway, so that ideas can quickly be developed using agile techniques, then tested on the simulated ‘twin’ rather than the real railway.”
- Use OpenTrack as the Digital Twin of a railway system
- Implementation of customer-specific dispatching algorithms
- Comparison of new dispatching strategies
- Development and analysis of new concepts in train control (e.g. optimizing energy consumption, reducing delays and conflicts)
- In-depth evaluation of railway operations
A presentation of the OpenTrack API allows a better insight into the functionality of the API. (Download of the presentation - PDF, 2.9 MB). For further information on the OpenTrack API, please contact us.